One of the most popular hashtags on Instagram with a staggering 3.4 million likes is #bodytransformation- and it’s not hard to see why. A survey for YouGov found that over a third of people in the UK were not happy with their bodies, that’s around 44% of women and 31% of men. So what do they do? Instead of reconciling themselves to the shape they have, more and more people are signing up for a body transformation plan- but what exactly is a body transformation plan, and what are the benefits?
1) Expert advice: There’s no one size fits all body transformation package. Some people want to beef up, packing on the muscle. Others want to slim down, shedding excess body fat. Then there are those who want to turn their bodies into finely tuned sporting machines! These are all BIG fitness aims, and definitely ones that benefit from expert advice. With a body transformation package, you have a Personal Trainer guiding you through the immense changes your body will go through, safely and effectively.
2) Body positivity: One of the big problems with body dissatisfaction is that you can become quite down on how you look, which can affect your confidence and self-esteem. When you commit to a body transformation package in London or elsewhere in the UK it can help you to start seeing your body in a whole new light. Psychologists call this cognitive restructuring, which really means changing how you think about something, in this case your body.
3) Time efficiency: It’d be great if you could wave a wand and your body would instantly be transformed. The reality is that body transformations of any type take serious time, effort and dedication. A body transformation plan takes the guess work out of the whole process, with a set amount of sessions each week over a period of 6 or 12 weeks- long enough to start seeing real results. With a body transformation plan, you can forget ‘easing yourself in gently’, it’ll be full on from day one!
4) Focuses on nutrition too: When you look in the mirror and don’t like what you see, the first thing that many people do is restrict what they eat which can lead to a fruitless cycle of behaviour that has no real benefit to the body at all. In some people, this can turn extreme. One study with young women found that those with high body dissatisfaction were four times more likely to develop eating disorders. A body transformation plan also includes nutrition advice, so you can change your body without starving it of essential nutrients.
5) Added motivation: We’re not going to lie, a body transformation plan can be tough, you’re going to have days when you’re aching, days when you’re tired and think you might just nip home for a night in front of the TV instead. The benefits of being on a body transformation plan with an accredited expert though is that they’re there to motivate you on the days when you don’t have any motivation. They’ll be there to remind you just why you’re training and how it will help you transform your life. Yes, it will be tough but it can also be one of the very best things you’ve ever done in your life.
To find out more about our London Body Transformation Packages, email firstname.lastname@example.org