The right gym gear is about more than looking good. Having the right trainers can give you the support you need as you run or take part in a fitness class. Wearing comfortable gear at the gym can help you to relax and participate more fully in your training. In fact, even things like wearing the right sports bra and socks can impact upon your efficiency, comfort and ease in the gym. Here are some of autumn’s top fitness buys.
1) The high intensity trainers. A good gym trainer has to be lightweight enough to cope with high intensity training but with added support and durability. That’s what the new Karrimor range of gym shoes promises. The range has been designed using K.E.R.S technology, a responsive cushioning system, which makes the shoes ideal for running and fitness. They also have a lightweight and breathable engineered mesh upper leaving your feet dry and comfortable. Karrimor have trainers for men like the Excel 3 Support Mens Running Shoes and for women such as the Tempo 5 Support Ladies Road Running Shoes, all from Sports Direct.
2) The gym wear. Ilu Fitwear’s new autumn collection is full of all of the shades of the season, like deep beetroot, indigo, soft pink and greys. Ideal if you enjoy feeling comfortable as you train, the collection features items like seamless Vitality Leggings with sweat wicking and the Oversized Dance Sweat with easy fit and soft 100% cotton. All from Ilufitwear.com
3) The running shoes. Brand new to the UK is the Spire 3 Trainer from running shoe brand 361°. These trainers are said to be a premium high mileage shoe, designed for comfort, cushioning and performance. The trainers include features like ‘pressure free tongues’ to reduce friction, lightweight mesh uppers for ventilation and quick drying, plus QUICKFOAM technology that promises excellent cushioning across all terrains- tarmac to light trail.
4) The sports socks. You’ve got your sports shoes but what about your sports socks? These sports socks from sock specialist HJ Hall are made with bamboo mix which is said to make them both soft to the touch but also breathable. The socks have a cushioned foot to offer a little extra protection during your workout, and also an arch support. Buy from HJ.co.uk
5) The sports bra. For women, a supportive sports bra is essential for all kinds of fitness activities. The new Anita Air Control Delta Pad promises a new concept in support thanks to its triangular shaped patented Delta Pad Foam Cup. The cup is covered with a ‘power mesh’ and the pad allows air flow with tiny holes throughout allowing moisture and heat to escape as you train. Available to buy from Figleaves.com